Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Unleavened! Now what?

Now that the Feast of Unleavened Bread is over and we have practiced removing leavened bread (sin) from our lives and have practiced putting unleavened bread (Christ) in, how do we keep sin out and righteousness (Christ) in? We have removed leavening from our homes (Lev 23:6; Exo 13:6-7) and our bodies (1Cor 3:16-17; 1Pet 2:5) but how do we continue to walk an "unleavened" path?




Mark 14:22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

Jesus told us that He is the bread of life and that bread is without sin (unleavened) -
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

We also are told that man shall not live (physically) by bread alone but (spiritually) by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God -

Matt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And that He is the Word -

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So then it follows that if we are to continue feeding on the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth (1Cor 5:8), we must feed on the word of God daily.

Father, give us this day our daily bread. (Matt 6:11)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Bob. I appreciate the time you spend. I know I need a little nudge, or in some cases a big shove to dig into the scriptures like I should. I'm working on it though. Keep up the good work.

Post a Comment

This blog does not accept comments from anonymous readers. If you feel strongly about your viewpoint, please sign in to have your comment posted and begin discussion. It is also helpful to present Biblical support for your view. While serious comments are welcomed by readers who identify themselves, anonymous pot shots will not be tolerated

Voice of Truth

StatCounter

Who Am I

My photo
I strive to be as the Bereans spoken of in Acts 17:10-11 receiving the word with all readiness of mind, and searching the scriptures daily, whether those things are so. Check up on me in your own bible. Should you find me in error please let me know immediately. We must prove all things (1Thes 5:21) and rightly divide the word of truth (2Tim 2:15) together lest we be deceived. (Matt 24:24)

Grace Like Rain

Get the Bible for your computer FREE!

Who Am I

Even So Come

Share Walk In Truth

Bookmark and Share

Tweets of Truth

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Walk in Truth

TOP